Ridingboots fetish

New Forum

💗1
I've been working on writing a new forum back end that preserves the current posts and images due to the current forum software being no longer supported.

It's working to a degree and can be found at, https://www.ridingboots.net/forum

There are a lot of things I need to work on to make the forum work well and hope you'll make use and reply here if something doesn't work or with suggestions for new things.

Note: If you make an image post in the new forum, it will not appear in the old forum due to the way I store images, I may change this until swap over.

You can:
Login with your existing account details.
Make new threads and replies, this is being tidied up in the next few days.
Attach images to posts and replies, currently every post or reply requires a subject and message even if you're posting just images.
Like posts.
Still make use of the old forum, at the moment nothing in the new forum breaks the old one.

Future plans:
Expanded profiles with text, links and images.
Ability to make your profile public or private.
Private messaging.
Account admin, password changing etc.
Look at doing away with message requirement in posts with only images.
Reporting bad posts.

Thanks.
New Forum

New Forum

💗0
A few observations:
The "last post" doesn't always update, see for example the latest thread about mounted UK police. Also it doesn't seem to show when I posted something (for me at least), but the two might be related.
When I upload a couple of pics, one being rather large, I get the message that new members cannot start threads immediately, which doesn't make sense. When I split and post the large picture separately it works for both posts. Feels like there is a hidding size limit of 4mb or so.

Otherwise, great stuff! :)

New Forum

💗0
*hidden

New Forum

💗0
This morning I've hed to set the new forum live, the latest version of PHP has rendered the old forum code broken.

Hopefully things will work ok, I'll be monitoring and testing, any issues please use the contact link in the footer.

I'm still working on:
PM's.
Registration parts.
Bot fighting.
Image uploading may need some tweeking.

New Forum

💗0
TODO:
Last post author.
Improve search page.
Improve persistent login.

New Forum

💗0
I'm missing the old forum look.

Please Reinstate The Classic Ridingboots.net Forum

💗0
Hello

I regret to say that I most definitely do not like the actual set-up of the new Ridingboots.net forum. As a consequence of this I shall not be posting any new photographs or any other new information on it.

Could you, therefore, please repair the broken code for the classic Ridingboots.net forum as soon as feasibly possible.

Many thanks - Gorringe Boy

💗1
Yes this looks terrible.

💗1
Unfortunately the forums have been dead since the change. I honestly think the new forums are far too complicated- we didn't need multiple boards, the one forum for everything did fine. Not to mention that the post dates on the new forum reference when the first post was made, and not the most recent post. In all I think simplifying and trying to mirror the old forums is a smart idea. Really the only limitation there was the photo size, outside of that I don't think any users had complaints.

I'm just bummed because first it was jodhpur-fetish going and now it may soon be this forum if changes aren't made. I just don't know where I can chat with such like minded people and enjoy all the content quite like these forums

💗0
I'm not doing this new forum because I want to.
I'm doing it because I have to. The old forum code stopped being developed in 2009, it was a matter of time before I just couldn't keep it running.
Unfortunately the latest updates to the operating system on the server this site runs on totally knocked out the old forum forcing me to get this version running.

I wish I didn't have to as I'm short on time as it is. But I'll be trying to update things to make it work as close to before.

💗1
Thanks for the update @ukinet - Just wanted you to know that I do appreciate the time you spend in keeping this forum alive. I have enjoyed it for 20 years now :)

The New Forum

💗0
My last post together with a few uploaded photographs was on the original Ridingboots.com fetish forum site was on the 29th May.

I have, so far, been deliberately refusing to use this new Ridingboots.com fetish forum site as I, most deinitely, do not like the onerous restrictions associated with actual image posting.

Anyone else actually remember the commonly known expression of: "If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it"?

The New Forum

💗0
@gGorringe Boy

In regards to your "If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it" comment, it's not as simple as that in regards to websites. I'm a webmaster myself, and as UKInet stated, the old forum (which ran on open-source code) was old and hadn't had any new coding updates since 2009! The problem is when you host a website, unless you're forking out for expensive dedicated servers, you're at the mercy of your webhost. There are usually loads of websites hosted on a single server and if 95 customers need their sites to run on PHP8.2 and only 5 customers have legacy sites and need to run them on PHP5.4, which one do you think the webhost is going to support long term?

That of course is just PHP, you've also got things like MySQL, Apache, the Operating System for the server and even the hardware. It all has to work in harmony with each other. If the server completely dies and the replacement server can only run the latest OS which doesn't support legacy PHP versions, you get the same result, the site stops working! I've had to recode sites from scratch countless times for my customers, it's just how the internet works sadly!

The New Forum - Maximum Ten JPEG Images Only

💗0
According to what it actually states below you are, apparently, able to both upload and post a maximum of ten different images per each individual thread.

Yet when I have actually attempted to do this I have only now been able to just upload only one image per thread.
Login to reply
Copyright. ©UKInet

Don't like memberships? Buy our fetish videos and fetish images at Fetishtokens.com